Sunday, May 17, 2009

YW Overnighter

For a YW bonding activity, we took the girls up to a cabin one of the families in our ward owns down sort of by Fountain Green (sort of). The cabin was absolutely gorgeous. Wow. And it had a really awesome swing set that the girls had a lot of fun on.



Pretty much every time they had a spare minute, they were outside playing. And the swing set was especially cool because it was adult-sized--like, it was made for adults, not for kids. So, as you can see, they could all play on it at the same time.

We mostly just hung out Friday night and had some fun bonding time. The sharing of iPods was a favored activity, as was throwing gummy bears at Sam on the pretense of trying to get them in his mouth. I think most of them got him in the eye. Why was Sam there, you ask? Well, he was lucky enough to get an invitation to go as one of the two Priesthood holders, and he jumped on the invitation. You'll never see Sam pass up a good time.



As service, the girls cleaned the cabin from top to bottom Saturday morning, making it spotless. I got to wash windows. Then, of course, as soon as their jobs were done, they were back out on the swing set until we were ready to pack up and go.

Friday night we had a nice devotional about feeding sheep, which tied in very nicely to our activity on Saturday. We got to go to a farm kind of in the area of the cabin, and the girls got to see the brand new baby lambs and pet them and hold them. It was really neat. Then we got to see the little waterfall that gives Fountain Green it's name. It was very, very pretty. Overall it was a really fun activity. I hope we get to do it again sometime--our girls don't have enough bonding time across classes anymore, and I think this was really good for them and gave them a chance to get to know girls ourside of their classes. Plus, the cabin was awesome. That alone makes me want to do it again.

Here's a collage of our fun.


2 comments:

Myranda said...

All those pictures are AWESOME!! Its so not gonna be the same when you move.... :(

Holly said...

Such is life, I'm afraid. After I move, I'll Photoshop you guys into my pictures. Then it will be like nothing changed. ;)