Friday, May 1, 2009

Our Little Niece

Here is little Ellie:

All right, she's technically not our niece--she's Sam's cousin's daughter, making her our first cousin once removed? is that how that works?--but we hang out with Matt and Tyrelle enough that she might as well be our niece. Isn't she so cute? She's a preemie, so when we first met her she was tiny. Sam always refused to hold her because she was so small and he was worried he'd break her or something. This picture shows Sam finally brave enough to hold her, and not even looking too worried about it.

2 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

So Sam will hold her, huh? How old is she? I mean, when would her due date have been?

Indeed, she is Sam's first cousin once removed. A+ Holly. I guess she'd be your first cousin-in-law once removed. Haha. Or just your husband's first cousin once removed. ;)

Oh yes, and she's very cute! I'm glad she's doing so well!

Barbara said...

Ahh! She is adorable! I love babies! So precious! Way to go Sam!