For Memorial Day today, Sam and I went on a date to RC Willey, where we walked around, looking at furniture we had no intention of buying and partaking of the free hot dogs and sodas offered in the back as lunch. It was pretty awesome. For some reason, Sam and I love RC Willey dates. You just can't top the excitement of having dozens of salespeople rushing up to you, asking if you need assistance. What could make you feel more important?
After our date, we went on a fun hike with our cousins Matt and Tyrelle. It was so much fun! It was little Ellie's first hike (their daughter), and she had a great time. The rest of us all had fun, too. See?
The trail was very exciting, because we got to cross a stream every five minutes or so. I was wearing my trusty hiking sandals, so I splashed around happily every time we got to water. By the end of the hike, my pants were soaked to my knees because I always went straight through the streams without looking for a path, and some of them were kind of deep. It was awesome.
The other exciting part about the trail were all the beetles we saw. I think we saw over a hundred scampering along, and they were huge--like, cockroach-sized huge. I couldn't believe it. So that was exciting because you had to watch where you walked, otherwise you'd hear a really nasty crunch.
After our hike, we came back to our apartment and cooked hamburgers and hot dogs on the little charcoal grill thing our landlady was nice enough to let us use. Mmmm. We have the best landlady. And the best cousins.

No comments:
Post a Comment