Friday, May 22, 2009

Goodbyes

So...goodbyes aren't fun. Why do people have to move? How is that fair? And we had two friends leave around the same time, which is, like, double unfair. The first were the Colletts.

Mimi and I have been friends since we started work on the same day at Heritage Web Solutions, both of us as editors. And then, coincidences of coincidences, her husband, Jeff, was in the same program as Sam, so they were in almost all of the same classes. If that's not a recipe for bff-ness, I don't know what is. Here are pictures from our last hurrah (it involved crock pot chicken tacos, which I made, and which were very yummy. See, when the occasion calls for it, I can and will cook. It's got to be a pretty serious occasion, though).

Me and Mimi (not the best picture of me, but Mimi looks cute.)



The whole crew



After we said goodbye to Mimi and Jeff, we had to say goodbye to the Katie and Dallin. Katie and I were roommates--I don't know how good of a roommate I was, since I was engaged the whole time, but we were still roommates--and her husband, Dallin, and Sam were roommates, so we've kept in touch.

This is our last hurrah with the old apartment 113 roommates--Katie, Angela, and me--plus families. We went out to Red Robin--our standby for visits--and then hung out at Ang's apartment.

Apartment 113 girls



The gang



Sigh. I guess I shouldn't be too upset with our friends for leaving us, since Sam and I will be the ones leaving in December. But who knows--maybe we'll all end up living by each other again one day. Talk about
awesome.

4 comments:

Merry said...

So, I'm dumb, and I didn't realize that you could update and have the posts show up earlier. So I'm just reading these updates!

Where are you guys moving to in December? What's up next for the Kelly's?

Holly said...

We don't know where we'll be yet. Sam will probably start applying for jobs sometime this month, so hopefully we'll know by November or December. Wherever it will be, it will be an adventure!

Merry said...

Well, Dave and I need to have you two over for dinner or something before you go!

Holly said...

That would be awesome! Let's do it.