Sunday, September 12, 2010

That's Right, We're Even More Made of Awesome Now

So, has the thought ever crossed your mind, "Gee, what if I pass out and stop breathing and have no pulse one day? I sure wish I knew someone who's a pro at CPR who could save my life (while instructing someone to call an ambulance who will be the ones to actually save your life)"?

Well guys, worry about that no longer. That's right, Sam and I are officially CPR certified (for a year) as of this morning. So if you ever find yourself in the uncomfortable position of being unconscious, not breathing, and without a heartbeat, give us a call and we'll come to the rescue.

[That was a joke, in case you missed it. Feel free to laugh now if you missed your first cue.]

3 comments:

Merry said...

I've wanted to become CPR certified for quite a while now. You motivate me. Where did you take the class?

Holly said...

We did it through the Red Cross. It was expensive, but we wanted to get it over with quickly, so we didn't shop around much. I thought it was a good class, though. I don't think Sam was as impressed, haha.

Mimi Collett said...

Way impressed! I was certified back in high school, and then at BYU my married ward was going to have a stake activity where part of the fee was paid, and we only had to pay a discounted rate, but not enough people signed up or something. It never happened. I was disappointed. I looked up classes when I moved out here, but I still have just never gotten around to it. What a horrible thing to have to say to myself if I ever find myself in a position where I need that knowledge. I am glad you are prepared and will never have to deal with that particular regret!!