Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Wonders of Modern Technology

So for Christmas in my stocking, I got a fancy shmancy electric toothbrush, which, until recently, I've been too intimidated to use. I mean, it practically brushes your teeth for you. Talk about awe-inspiring technology.

However, recent events have brought me and my new toothbrush together--a.k.a. Sam used my normal toothbrush accidentally when he was sick, meaning that unless I wanted to get sick again, I needed a new toothbrush. And I'll admit, I wasn't sold at first. I mean, it vibrates like crazy so my whole head feels like it's pulsing, kind of like when you're in the car and you lean your head on the window and it makes your whole head vibrate, even inside your ears? Like that.

And not only does it make my skin jiggle--well, feel like it's jiggling, anyway--it's practically impossible not to drool like crazy. Maybe the whole not-drooling thing is something that will come with practice. And if you forget to turn the toothbrush off before you take it out of your mouth? Disaster.

That being said, though, I think we're bonding--my electric toothbrush and I, I mean. I'm definitely getting the hang of it, at least. And honestly, it makes me feel good about myself, since it totally feels like I'm in the dentist's chair--only I'm not, since I'm standing up and in my bathroom--which is good, since I probably don't go to the dentist as often as I should. So despite my initial wariness and the whole drooling thing, I've decided to stick with my new fancy shmancy toothbrush instead of running to the store to get another normal one. Hooray for being open minded!

2 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

I am glad you gave the poor toothbrush a chance! It sounds like torture with your descriptions of vibrating, head shaking, and drool. Hehe. My sister just got a toothbrush that it not only electric, but it has some sort of sonar wave something. I don't know. It's like super amazing. So, just know that while yours is bad and overwhelming, it could be worse!

Holly said...

Wow. I will definitely count my blessings. That sounds way too high-tech for me.