Monday, May 9, 2011

Our apartment


And now, for the series of posts you've all been waiting for. [And I don't need any comments about how this was all promised two weeks ago--don't be haters.]

We will start with our apartment. [This is sort of the royal we--I guess I'm trying to sound grand or like a documentary narrator. Who knows. I'm tired.]

Here are the best parts of our apartment, hands down:
Yes. A dishwasher. This is the first time in our marriage that we have had one, and it's been like heaven. It makes cooking ok because I don't have to worry about hand washing all the dishes I get dirty. And speaking of cooking, I've become a regular housewife. Meals waiting for Sam when he gets home from work every day (mostly)--and from scratch, even! Who knew, right?
The window in our front room. Yes, it takes up a whole wall, practically. It leads out onto a pretty decent sized balcony, which is Fin's favorite part of the apartment. He could sit out there for hours with his head poking out through the bars, looking at all the cars passing by and the people walking through the parking lot. He is also typically content to just look out the window if it's too hot or cold outside for the door to be open.
The window in our bedroom. This may not seem like a big deal, but if you'd lived the past three or four years in a hobbit hole, however comfortable and loved, with three windows with the dimensions 1' x 1', and no window at all in the bedroom, you'd be rejoicing, too. We've been here two months and still get excited about all the natural light flooding our home.
Fin's second favorite place is the shower, as shown. While he fights to get out of it when we're giving him a bath [and by we're I mean Sam, since I'm usually in charge of the blow drying aspect of bathtime] [and it has sliding doors, so he's trapped in there once they're closed], if the bathroom door is ever open he almost always goes in to explore. He even goes to explore the shower before he goes to explore the trashcan in the corner, which I think is really saying something.
Other highlights of our apartment include Dish TV and a flatscreen TV in both the living room and bedroom. Shazam. I love our glorified hotel.

3 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Hooray for this post! Hooray for dishwashers!

hburdie said...

I agree about the whole dishwashers being the best part of the apartment thing. Followed closely by a balcony (which I don't have). Jealous!

Mimi Collett said...

Your apartment looks fantastic! And those are great windows!!! :) I am glad you, Sam, and Fin are so happy there.