Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving in Telluride

Growing up in Flagstaff, AZ I never thought that Thanksgiving would be the same anywhere else, but this year my parents invited us four boys and our families to Telluride Colorado for the turkey filled gratitude festivities. It was awesome. Definitely one of my favorite Thanksgivings ever. I got to ski!! It's been over a year! It felt sooo good to fly down the slopes or I guess I should say slope since only one run was really open because it is so early in the season. All the same it was awesome. Here's the map of my second favorite mountain in the world (San Fransisco Peaks will always be first on the list)


Even better than getting to hit the slopes was being able to just chill with my family. It was so good to see them all. We've got two new nephews who are simply the coolest and my niece is growing so fast. I really love being around my three brothers and my two sister's in law as well they just plain good people that are fun to be with. I don't know how I lucked out to get such a great family. I can't forget to mention my parents too. I wouldn't be half of what I am without them. They're always there for me. Holly and I were talking as we drove back to Utah and I think that we've visited Telluride more than we have Flagstaff :) Maybe that's why this place feels like home when we go and visit.



We played games, went ice skating, swam in the pool, and just visited. It seems like my family loves to cook, so all the meals were great and especially the big dinner. We even managed to be serious enough to go around and share what we were all grateful for. Holly and I got to hold our nephews and hang out with everyone. Good times!

Since this is a post about Thanksgiving I'd like to comment on what I'm most grateful for. Aside from God and life in general, I'm most grateful for my beautiful wife. She's perfect for me. Every day she makes me laugh and see how wonderful life is. Everyday she shows me what things are most important. She always encourages me to grow and to be all that I can be. We'll have been married five years in December. I'm so proud to be her husband. She always makes me look good. I love you Holly.

Oh and what's the best part of Thanksgiving, it's just the start of the Christmas season. Snow, gifts, food, carols, trees, friends, family and focusing on Jesus Christ, it really is the most wonderful time of the year. Happy Holidays everyone!

3 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

I'm glad you agree! One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is also that the Christmas season is allowed to officially start!

That's really cool that they already had a ski run open.

Yay for family and vacations!

And aww. I love reading what husbands write about their wives.

Holly said...

You're so sweet and sneaky. You didn't warn me you were going to get all mushy on our blog. ;)

I love you so much. Thanks for saying such sweet things about me. I think the same about you.

Merry said...

I had to laugh at the comment that Holly encourages you to grow. Is that why you've grown several inches in the last few years? :D