Monday, November 1, 2010

November ruminations

Apparently it's November already. I'm sort of wondering what happened to October.

Time slipping by aside, November is a very exciting month for me. Why is that?


I'm sort of excited about it. And by "sort of" I mean "I already have our tickets for the midnight showing and am restraining myself from making a pull-down calendar of how many more days/hours/minutes I have to wait and/or from trying on my homemade costume every day from now until the 18th."

To settle my nerves and increase my excitement (and, possibly, yours), here is a picture of the last time I was this excited about Harry Potter.
This is from the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows release party in 2007, when we were in Troy, Alabama, all summer for an internship. You can tell by the slightly crazed look in my eyes that the handing-out-the-books time was drawing near.
In other news, November is national adoption month, apparently. So spread the word about adoption. And, you know, if you happen to know anyone considering placing their baby for adoption, Sam and I wouldn't mind you recommending us as the incredibly cool individuals that we are.

We've been approved for adoption! Check out our incredibly awesome adoption profile at https://itsaboutlove.org/ial/profiles/24950903/ourMessage.jsf.

5 comments:

Merry said...

To celebrate national adoption month, can I post the link to your adoption profile on my blog? To get the word out? Happy November!

Holly said...

Yes, you can totally put our link on your blog! That would be very, very appreciated. :) I've been trying to figure out how to make a button, which I will shamelessly ask people to put on their blogs, but have so far been unsuccessful. Everything helps! :)

Merry said...

I have a friend who is trying to adopt, and they have a button on their blog. You could check it out here http://fyionrachandry.blogspot.com/, and if you're good at manipulating html you could figure out how to alter it to fit you and Sam. Or you could comment and I'm sure she'd tell you where she got her button. Her name is Rachel. She was one of my freshman roommates.

Holly said...

Thanks! I'll have to look into that. :)

Mimi Collett said...

That is cool that it is National Adoption Month. On the radio, they were allowing people to call in with reasons they love November, and there actually seemed to be an adoption theme. Perhaps that's why. :)

Yay for Harry Potter and having things to be excited for!