Wednesday, February 3, 2010

You Can Go Heavy On Me . . . And I Will Not Weigh You Down

So I've never posted a video before, so this might take a few attempts. [I guess this disclaimer is more to motivate me into actually trying more than to disclaim anything.] But I saw this music video on one of my friend's blogs and it's really stuck with me since I watched it, so I thought I'd share it.

I don't want to get all personal or anything--I try to keep my blog casual, mostly, otherwise Sam might not want me to blog at all--but this video really touched me, because it pertains to something really close to my heart. I feel like there's a lot of people in the world who have children that take them for granted. A week-long trip to Disney World is sure to convince anyone of that. [heehee] But there's also a lot of people in the world who would do anything--spend thousands of dollars, spend hours and hours on their knees praying, literally anything--for children, so I'm really glad this video shows how precious children are and how they're something to be treasured and loved always. All I can really add to what the singer [Kellie Coffey, according to YouTube] says is, "Amen."

Warning: It might make you cry. It sure made me cry.

P.S. Sorry if this is way TMI. I usually keep these kinds of things to myself, but I just couldn't with this. Guess you'll just have to forgive me.

5 comments:

Merry said...

This is definitely not TMI. I saw this on another blog, and it made me cry. So, there, you're not the only one!

Mimi Collett said...

I can't say I enjoyed it, because I cried the entire video, but I am glad you shared it, and I think I'll put it on my blog, too. Too many people do take it for granted. I did before I "grew up." Jill is named after her aunt that was a stillborn, and every time I say her name I am reminded of the daughter my mother-in-law was not able to raise.

Holly said...

I'm glad you don't mind and appreciated it. I cry every time I watch it. Haha.

Sarah Pittard said...

oh wow! i have never heard the song before... but love it!! thanks for the post! you and sam are WONDERFUL and will be GGGgrrrrreeeaaaattt parents!!!

Holly said...

Thanks, Sarah! You and Jeff will be awesome parents, too. I'm excited enough to be an aunt for a second time--Michelle's due soon! And I'll have a nephew!