I'd never been to Thanksgiving Point before, so this was really exciting for me. We went to the gardens and cruised around on segways--I know, the coolest thing ever!--and then we went to the dinosaur museum and saw a movie on IMAX while we were there, then we saw Night at the Museum 2 to go along with the museum theme. It was such a fun date! Sam and I haven't gone on a special date like that for a long time, maybe since the day we got engaged, so it was extra special.
Anyway, here is my evidence of our movements.
We started off on the porch of the gardens, getting instructions on the use of segways and learning how to balance and go forward and stuff. Sam didn't have to practice as much as I did, because he already did it last year with his parents.
So once I got used to the segway, we cruised around the gardens, which were beautiful. It was a little early in the year, so it wasn't as flower-y as it could be, but it was still gorgeous. As you can see here.
Here we are cruising. Sam's showing off, of course. This was before he crashed into me. As you can see from the picture, he didn't take the moving vehicles very seriously, so of course he wasn't paying attention when I stopped at one point--I was about 20 feet in front of him at the time--and tried to show him something. When he didn't reply, I glanced over my shoulder and saw him coming at me full-speed, and luckily I had time to jump off and avoid tumbling to the ground, which he was not so lucky about. He still rammed into me, but he didn't knock me down. He missed his chance this time and will have to wait for a next time, I guess. We were really lucky that the segways weren't damaged, though. If they had been, the price would have probably hurt a lot. He made up for it, though, by presenting me with Stadium of Fire tickets. Talk about exciting! I've been wanting to go so much, and now I get to!
At the museum, we saw lots of cool things. The dinosaur skeletons were huge! I forgot how big they could be. And I had to get a picture by the gigantic maybe-this-existed-maybe-it-didn't shark to prove that I'm getting over my fear. At least when it comes to fake sharks.
The IMAX movie was pretty cool. It was a documentary of some delta in Africa and it was in 3-D, so we got up close and personal with some of the animals. It was really neat. Except for the part when we were exiting and someone had thrown up in our aisle, so we had to climb up to the next aisle to avoid it. Yeah, that was gross. It smelled, too.
After we explored the museum, we got to see Night at the Museum 2, which we really liked. It was a good movie--I really liked the characters, and there were some good jokes. Not as good as the first one, but pretty good so far as sequels go.


And that was our day. Talk about a fun time! I'm so glad we got to do it--it was fun to just hang out with my husband and do something we normally wouldn't have the chance to do. Thanks, honey!
3 comments:
I have never ridden on a segway. And I don't remember how you spelled it on your blog, hehe. It makes me think of Weird Al's rap haha. I am so impressed with Sam's skills! It looks like fun, and the gardens did look beautiful. I'm glad Sam didn't flatten you like a cartoon character when he "accidentally" ran into you. Your date sounds pretty awesome, even with the vomit adventure. Yeah. Those words shouldn't go together. Dang. Jill is crying. I'm out!
Oh yeah, you look SO brave next to the shark!
The segway was so much fun! You'd have a ball. I was a little nervous at first, because the only thing you do to move is lean your body forward, but it was so much fun.
And I, too, am glad I didn't get flattened. It was a very close call, though. And I agree--it was an "accident," not an accident. ;)
Post a Comment